Your Business Location: The Economic Region Lusatia
Welcome to Lusatia – the dynamic economic region in the border triangle of Germany, Poland, and the Czech Republic
A region with a long economic tradition and lots of innovation, an attractive destination for technology enterprises and tourists alike. To really understand Lusatia, you need to immerse yourself into its history. Life in the region, the country and its people have been closely linked to industry and energy, to technology and innovation for many generations. More than one million people live here – and tackle their tasks every day.
Lusatia has been Germany’s energy region since the 17th century. And that’s what it continues to be today. It’s here where the energy storage technologies of tomorrow are developed, where batteries for e-mobility as well as the world’s largest blades for wind turbines are produced, and where Europe’s most efficient coal-fired power plants are operated. A multifaceted business community has evolved in the region – ranging from metal processing, the plastics and chemical industries to the food industry all the way to traffic engineering and transportation technology.
10 Good Reasons for Lusatia:
- Central location in the border triangle Germany – Poland – Czech Republic
- Superb infrastructure in the trans-European transportation network
- Very industry-friendly
- The highest level of financial support in all of Germany
- Individual assistance for investors provided by regional economic developers
- Highly qualified, motivated employees
- Excellent university and scientific environment
- Attractive, well developed commercial and industrial properties at reasonable prices
- High quality of life at low cost of living
- Speedy and unbureaucratic approval procedures
- Sources: www.region-of-advantages.com – www.oberlausitz.com/en
Such global players as BASF, Daimler, and Bombardier, the Theo Müller Group of Companies, and Vestas as well as many innovative small and medium-sized enterprises are all at home here. The Federal States of Brandenburg and Saxony support the regional development and create the framework for a sustainable, dynamically growing business community. Lusatia – a dynamic part of Germany.
Lusatia – livable and lovable
Lusatia is a region with lots of green spaces, picturesque water bodies, and a remarkable cultural heritage. The social infrastructure is superbly developed and provides the best possible conditions particularly for families. And living in Lusatia is affordable. No wonder people love to live here.
Published by: Wirtschaftsförderung Land Brandenburg GmbH (WFBB) and Wirtschaftsförderung Sachsen GmbH (WFS)